Welcome ~ Karibu
Kenya is a country that will not leave you indifferent. It will seduce you by the meeting of its tribes, the discovery of its culture, and the exploration of its landscapes.
Presidential Representative Democratic Republic
Swahili (National Language), English (Official Language)
580,367 km² 224,080 sq miles
56,053, 400 (2022) 43 Tribes
William Samoei Ruto
Kenyan Shilling (KES/KSH)
East African Time (UTC+3)
Before you arrive
Kenya has transitioned from visa requirement to Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) from January 2024. The official link for eTA application is https://www.etakenya.go.ke/en
If you already applied for the normal visa, you will still use it during this transition period. Below is your eTA application.
- Log in to the website above, create an account, agree to the terms and conditions, and select your country of residence.
- Upload your passport biodata page, then your selfie picture or passport-type photo
- Enter your contact information
- Enter your travel itinerary information
- Choose your reason for travel as tourism and enter your accommodation address in Kenya as follows: -Full Name and Physical Address of accommodation: CIVS Kenya, Mumias South Road, Buruburu Business Center, Nairobi Kenya
Host Telephone Number: +254 722 210968
Host Email: email@example.com
- Upload the invitation letter in place of the accommodation booking confirmation
- Confirm and proceed with payment (34 USD)
A yellow fever certificate will only be required if you first travel to other countries in Africa or Latin America before entering Kenya. In some instances later during the processing, our ID or CIVS registration may be required and you can contact us if this issue arises.
ETA processing can take up to 3 days but if it takes longer, there is usually an error on the side of the application and the immigration department will contact you by email. CIVS will offer assistance in case of a problem. The ETA certificate is valid for 3 months and can be extended for 3 more months upon expiry.
The system is still undergoing new updates and we will update you accordingly.
When you arrive
Arrival in Nairobi
Arrival is at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi. The airport is about an hour’s drive from Nairobi city center.
Arrival in Kisumu
Arrival is also through the Kisumu International Airport, Kisumu, situated in the Western part of Kenya.
Visit the lost luggage desk in the baggage hall before going through customs.
Want to know more?
CIVS Kenya will promptly respond to any question regarding Kenya.
The Center for International Voluntary Service (CIVS Kenya) is a Community Development Organization working with local marginalized communities in Kenya to support them in their development and fight the poverty through volunteering and community development programs.