About CIVS Kenya
CIVS Kenya is a community development organization that works with communities in the marginalized and poverty-stricken rural areas of Kenya. CIVS does this with the main objective of contributing towards the socio-economic empowerment of disadvantaged communities and fostering harmonious relations among people of different backgrounds with innovative and customized high-quality services.
- Learn about the organization of a community development organization
- Free time on the weekend to discover Kenya
- CIVS organizes tours and safaris to spectacular sites of interest in Kenya
- Affordable fees which include airport pick up, accommodation, meals, orientation and 24/7 support
CIVS Kenya believes that people should retain the responsibility for their own development. At the same time, it supports, guides and mentors their efforts with innovative and customized high-quality services. We are looking for volunteers to support our head office in Nairobi. Depending on your skills and area of interest, you can help us to improve our work.
CIVS solely depends on volunteer contributions to support its activities.
The fee has to be paid upfront on arrival in full.
It covers the following services :
- Aiport transfers (Arrival and Departure)
- 3-day orientation seminar
- Introduction to the city
- Accommodation and food during orientation and during placement duration
- Coordination and office support
The following costs are NOT included :
- Visa costs and ticket flight
- Local travelling : from the office to the project
- Direct donations to the project
- Cost of sightseeing
- Cost of drinks like soda, beer, mineral water ect
All volunteers taking part in this project will be picked up from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi.
There will be an orientation seminar for new volunteers lasting three days including Nairobi city introduction.
You will live in a host family near the office where they will get breakfast and dinner. The office will povide tea and snacks during the day.
NB: Traveling to projects and fieldwork will require the use of public transport and the volunteer will require to cover his/her own fare costs.
Sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and mosquito net are necessary. You can also bring photos of your country, clothes, books, pens, toys etc
During weekends, volunteers can visit lots of sites of interest in Nairobi and around :
- Giraffe orphanage
- Elephant orphanage
- Nairobi National Museum,
- Nairobi National Park
- Lake Naivasha
- Hell’s gate
- Rift valley viewpoint
CIVS Kenya organizes tours and safaris to spectacular sites of interest in Kenya. Volunteers, who wish to participate, should let us know as soon as possible in order to enable us to make proper arrangements. The fee charged is all-inclusive of meals, transport, park entry fees, accommodation and tour guiding. The cost of a 3-days safari to Masai Mara National Reserve is 400 Euros by Tour van and 480 Euros by a Landcruiser jeep. It includes: –
Day 1: Nairobi – Maasai Mara: game viewing drive in the evening
Day 2: Maasai Mara game viewing drive in the morning and the evening
Day 3: Maasai Mara game viewing drive in the early morning
The volunteer will be an integral part of community life:
- Review the current CIVS Kenya website, suggestions for improvement or modification, and implement action on agreed areas to achieve the up-to-standard website image.
- Assist in regular drafting of articles or blog posts for website content updates (news updates) to promote maximum and active engagements.
Social Media Marketing:
- Monitoring & analyzing the current activities of CIVS Kenya on social media platforms and suggesting actions for improvement to enhance and improve social media competitiveness.
- Making suggestions for improvements for social media appearance & interactions and helping in implementing action on agreed areas.
- Design upcoming volunteers events posters to market CIVS Kenya’s volunteering programs.
- Assisting in volunteer support activities like orientation, city tours, airport transfers, etc.
- Conducting online research for potential volunteers’ sending organizations in Europe and solicit them for partnership.
- To brainstorm ideas aboard to help improve the general operations and services of CIVS organization to improve competency with other related organizations.
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
EMAIL US YOUR REQUEST
WE WILL SEND YOU THE INFOSHEET & REQUIREMENTS
PROJECT PLACEMENT BEGINS
AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL
These Projects may Interest You
Kuria, Migori County of Kenya
GENDER AND SEX EDUCATION - TRAINING - COMMUNITY BASED
Msichana Empowerment Kuria project was initiated in 2013, with the main aim of ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and other harmful cultural practices and supporting access to the fundamental human rights of girls and young women.
CIVS will respond to any question.
The Center for International Voluntary Service (CIVS Kenya) is a Community Development Organization working with local marginalized communities in Kenya to support them in their development and fight the poverty through volunteering and community development programs.