Mum's Love Children's Home
About Mum's Love Children's Home
Mum’s Love Children’s Home is a community-based organization project that was initiated by Alice Mwende Kanini. It is a place where they give care to children who are abandoned, orphans, less fortunate, vulnerable, and HIV positive.
- Living in a local community
- Support children who are eager to meet you
- Free time on the weekend to discover Kenya
- CIVS organizes tours and safaris to spectacular sites of interest in Kenya
- Affordable fees which include airport pick up, accommodation, meals, orientation and 24/7 support
Mum’s Love Children’s Home gives children a second chance of living to become tomorrow’s perfect leaders in society, by providing Shelter, Education, Food, Clothing, Health Care, Love, and Mentorship.
Mum’s Love Children’s Home has a Feeding Program whereby they serve Street families Breakfast and Lunch 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. Every Wednesday of the week they have counseling and bible study sessions as motivational events. They also provide raw food to the elderly aged and disabled persons twice a month if the foodstuff is available. They also shave their hair and groom them.
Mum’s Love Children’s Home consists of 45 children and 3 female employees. The common language used in the project is Kiswahili and English. Since the project started, vulnerable children are able to go to school and the street family, the disabled, and the elderly get food. Water comes twice a week at the project or it can be fetched from a nearby water point.
CIVS solely depends on volunteer contributions to support its activities.
The fee has to be paid upfront on arrival in full.
It covers the following services :
- Aiport transfers (Arrival and Departure)
- 3-day orientation seminar
- Introduction to the city
- Accommodation and food during orientation and during placement duration
- Coordination and office support
The following costs are NOT included :
- Visa costs and ticket flight
- Local travelling : from the office to the project
- Direct donations to the project
- Cost of sightseeing
- Cost of drinks like soda, beer, mineral water ect
All volunteers taking part in this project will be picked up from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi.
There will be an orientation seminar for new volunteers lasting three days including Nairobi city introduction.
The volunteer will be accommodated by a host family in Buruburu Estate where he/she will have his/her own room. The project is about 20-30 minutes’ walk from the host families. Food (breakfast and dinner) will be provided by the host family while lunch will be provided at the project site. CIVS staff will be available throughout to provide guidance to the volunteers at the project.
Sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and mosquito net are necessary. You can also bring photos of your country, clothes, books, pens, toys etc
The camp is located in the central part of Kenya. Sites of interest are :
- Lake Naivasha
- Hell’s gate
- Rift valley viewpoint
CIVS Kenya organizes tours and safaris to spectacular sites of interest in Kenya. Volunteers, who wish to participate, should let us know as soon as possible in order to enable us to make proper arrangements. The fee charged is all-inclusive of meals, transport, park entry fees, accommodation and tour guiding.
The cost of a 3-days safari to Masai Mara National Reserve is 400 Euros by Tour van and 480 Euros by a Landcruiser jeep.
It includes: –
Day 1: Nairobi – Maasai Mara: game viewing drive in the evening
Day 2: Maasai Mara game viewing drive in the morning and the evening
Day 3: Maasai Mara game viewing drive in the early morning
The volunteer will be an integral part of community life:
- Assisting in giving raw foodstuffs to the elderly and disabled persons.
- Assisting in fetching water.
- Organizing games and extra-curricular activities for children as well as playing with them.
- Assisting the children to do their homework and teaching them.
- Assisting to do the household chores.
- Assisting in washing the children and keeping them neat.
- Assisting in cooking and serving food to the street family.
- Assisting in doing medical checkups for both the children and street families.
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
EMAIL US YOUR REQUEST
WE WILL SEND YOU THE INFOSHEET & REQUIREMENTS
PROJECT PLACEMENT BEGINS
AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL
These Projects may Interest You
Diani, Kwale County of Kenya
CHILDREN - EDUCATION - COMMUNITY LIFE
The daycare, takes care of pre-school-aged children whose parents find themselves away from the area entire day in the quest for food, water, and work and are not able to afford to pay for house help to take care of their children.
Nanyuki, Laikipia County of Kenya
CHILDREN - COMMUNITY LIFE - COUNSELING
Nanyuki Furaha Foundation is a charitable children’s home that was started in 2014 in collaboration with the local community. The project was started to address the growing problems experienced by orphans, and street children.
CIVS will respond to any question.
The Center for International Voluntary Service (CIVS Kenya) is a Community Development Organization working with local marginalized communities in Kenya to support them in their development and fight the poverty through volunteering and community development programs.